Wound Care Nurse (Registered Nurse-Weekends)
The Wound Ostomy Care Nurse (WOCN) functions under the general supervision of the Nurse Manager. The WOCN is responsible for assisting in the management and rehabilitation of patients with wounds, ostomies, abdominal stomas, incontinence, ulcers and other skin conditions. The WOCN serves in the role as both clinician and consultant. The WOCN provides leadership and direction for coordination and improvement of WOC care, including development of policies and procedures, guidelines, standards of care and research. Other duties as assigned.
- Accurately performs patient assessments and identifies patient needs.
- Evaluates progress and outcomes.
- Identifies and initiates appropriate nursing interventions.
- Coordinates care among the healthcare team.
- Provides patient and family teaching as it pertains to the treatment plan, procedures, and preventative measures throughout the rehabilitation stay and prior to discharge.
- Provides direct care appropriate to condition and age of the patient.
- Works cooperatively and actively participates with other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Participates in Continuous Quality and Performance Improvement (CQPI).
- May provide input into the budgetary planning process and contributes to cost effectiveness of services and programs provided by the department and hospital.
- Provides education to the clinical staff as it pertains to the treatment plan, procedures, and preventative measures.
- Communicates employee observations and suggestions related to opportunities for improvement and staff educational needs.
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Complies with regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Responsible for personal and professional development.
- Maintains ethical practices and HIPAA requirements.
- Ensures compliance with policies and procedures regarding department operations, fire safety and infection control. Maintains medical staff rules/requirements, as well as regulatory body standards.
- Promotes rehabilitation nursing philosophy and scope of practice.
- Actively participates in team conferences.
- Performs timely and appropriate documentation relating to medical necessity in the medical record.
- Provides a safe environment for patients, visitors and staff and complies with appropriate and approved safety standards.
- Supports the leadership of the hospital in a professional manner and acts as a role model.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Current RN licensure in the state.
- Graduate of accredited wound ostomy care nurse program with current licensure in the state.
- At least 2 years of current experience in the specialty is required.
- Current Basic Cardiac Life Support, Advanced Cardiac Life Support preferred.
- Wound Ostomy Care Nurse (WOCN) preferred.
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs