Registered Nurse - Critical Care Step Down
Beckley, West Virginia
Raleigh General Hospital
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Raleigh General Hospital is a 300 bed facility caring for nearly 13,000 patients each year with over 50,000 being treated in our emergency room. We offer a wide range of surgical services as well as specialty programs including Cardiac CTA, Digital Mammography, and Trauma Services.
Where We Are:
Beckley is an ideal place to live and boasts many scenic, cultural, and recreational opportunities. From restaurants and breweries to art galleries and unique attractions, Beckley is an outdoor playground with something for all tastes.
Why Choose Us:
· Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
· Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
· Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
· Educational assistance and tuition assistance for qualified applicants
· Professional development opportunities and CE assistance
· And much more…
· Provide therapies and treatments that include but are not limited to: pre and post diagnostic interventional cardiac catheterization, pre and post operative patients, pre and post endoscopy, pre and post stress testing, pre and post operative care for patients requiring placement of a permanent pacemaker, medication administration, IV therapy, administration of blood and blood products, pain control, pulse oximeter, O2 therapy, insertion of foley catheter, IV's and critical drips, epidural pumps, blood warmers, NGT Suction and NG tube feedings, assisting physician with insertion of chest tube, central lines, abdominal and thoracic paracentesis, dressing application and change, defibrillation, telemetry monitoring, long term ventilators, critical drips such as dopamine, dobutrex, lidocaine, pronestyl, primacor, Cardizem, nitroglycerin and bretylol.
· Performs assessment skills.
· Plans nursing care
· Intervenes with appropriate action after needs are identified
· Evaluates the assessment, planning and intervention process
· Demonstrates professional and personal development
· Delivers direct patient care appropriate to the age of patient served including adult and geriatric patients
Raleigh General Hospital is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
· Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) - to be obtained within 30 days.
· Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) - to be obtained within 6 months
· Current registered nurse licensure.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs