Registered Nurse Medical/Surgical - Weekend Option Nights
Job Summary - Provides care and assistance to the patients in the Medical and Surgical Units under direction of nursing and medical staff by performing the “ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES” listed below.
Education - High School diploma or equivalent. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
Experience -6 months experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS - Licensed RN and currently registered to practice nursing in the state of Arkansas. Must be currently certified in CPR.
- Explains procedures and treatments to patient to gain cooperation, understanding, and allay apprehension.
- Administers prescribed medications and treatments in accordance with approved nursing techniques.
- Prepares equipment and aids Physician during treatment and examination of patient.
- Maintains awareness of comfort and safety needs of patient.
- Observes patient, records significant conditions and reactions, and notifies supervisor or Physician of patient's condition and reaction to drugs, treatments, and significant incidents.
- Takes temperature, pulse, blood pressure, and other vital signs to detect deviations from normal and assess condition of patient.
- Responds to life saving situations based upon nursing standards, policies, procedures, and protocol.
- Documents nursing history and physical assessment for assigned patients.
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs