Registered Nurse Vascular Access/Wound Care
Must be proficient in PICC/Midline placement and have knowledge around peripheral and central line placement, therapy and maintenance of lines.
Two years professional experience in inpatient acute care or outpatient infusion therapy
placing and maintaining vascular accesses.
Must demonstrate communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to deal effectively with multidisciplinary team members, patients, family and physicians.
Must possess effective decision making, assessment and critical thinking skills.
Graduate of accredited school of nursing
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Current Arkansas RN license
Current BLS Certification
- Assessment and Evaluation
- Assesses vascular access and evaluates outcomes of planned interventions.
- Obtains an appropriate history.
- Systematically collects objective and subjective information.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of interventions and progress toward desired outcomes.
- Oversees education regarding the plan of care for prevention and management of vascular access problems.
- Analyzes assessment data to identify concerns and existing and/or potential problems.
- Insert PICC lines
- Prioritizes and initiates appropriate interventions based on assessed patient need.
- Demonstrates ability to administer treatments safely and effectively based on age and development
- Demonstrates the ability to use, maintain, and trouble shoot patient care equipment.
- Dressing changes as per policy.
- Teaches patients, families, and professionals to create an environment that facilitates infection control.
- Educates parents and families to encourage informed decisions making about PICC line placement and maintenance.
- Provides education materials for patient’s future reference.
- Educates other health care professionals by sharing current research based information and demonstrating skills.
- Completes all patient care documents according to policy (i.e. progress notes; order sets, etc.)
- Provides oral and/or written reports to primary health providers as appropriate, to include assessment, suggested interventions and instructions given.
- Performance Management:
- Creates team based quality improvement plans, including definition of team goals, utilizing performance measures and appropriate analysis tools changing and improving performance and outcomes through feedback, coaching and teaching.
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs