Fixed Assets Accountant - Hybrid
Success within a company doesn’t just happen. It requires committed teams of talented people who understand and embrace an organization’s goals and work together at the highest level to achieve them. As a member of the Health Support Center (HSC) team, you’ll work collaboratively with a great group of people to serve Lifepoint’s diversified healthcare delivery network of hospitals and care sites across the nation. We know that providing high-quality care depends on our ability to find, keep and empower creative and determined people who share in our commitment to our mission: Making communities healthier.
What do you need to be successful at Lifepoint Health? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
We offer competitive pay for all employees based on the market, role, skill set and experience.
Growth opportunities and succession planning
Our succession planning initiatives identify an internal bench of top talent and offer development opportunities to prepare them to fill crucial roles in the organization as they become available.
Insurance (for eligible employees)
We’re committed to you and your family feeling supported and secure – our benefits include medical, eye, prescription, life insurance, and more.
Collaborative work environment
We know that providing high-quality care depends on our ability to find, keep and empower creative and determined people who work together to advance our mission – making communities healthier.
Paid time off (for eligible employees)
At Lifepoint, we believe in a strong work-life balance and offer competitive paid time off.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
As a Lifepoint employee, you and your family will have access to counseling and relationship support, legal services, financial services and more.
Fixed Assets Accountant - Hybrid
Lifepoint Health is a leader in community-based care and driven by a mission of Making Communities Healthier. Our diversified healthcare delivery network spans 29 states and includes 63 community hospital campuses, 32 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals, and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum, such as acute rehabilitation units, outpatient centers and post-acute care facilities. We believe that success is achieved through talented people. We want to create places where employees want to work, with opportunities to pursue meaningful and satisfying careers that truly make a difference in communities across the country.
We are always looking for people inspired to help us in our mission. If you are someone who wants to change the lives of patients, drive success for our partners and be part of a team driven to improve care, we may have your next opportunity.
Reporting to the VP of Finance, Enterprise Business Services, the Fixed Assets Accountant plays a critical role in the Oracle ERP implementation and Enterprise Business Services Organization business transformation project. This position will be responsible for the standardization of Fixed Asset processes (e.g., asset transfers, calculating and recording asset depreciation, asset retirement, processing and recording fixed asset adjustments, enhancements, revaluations etc.), designing and building the future state design, identifying, and communicating change impacts to business stakeholders. This position will also be involved in fixed asset and capitalization policy standardization and rationalization across the organization.
- Interpret employer policies and procedures, entity procedures and applicable laws. Consult with managers, providing guidance and education on appropriate compliance.
- Understand the detailed components of Finance, specifically Fixed Asset, processes in healthcare.
- Document current state Finance practices and requirements.
- Document changes to organization structure, policies, procedures, roles, and responsibilities as required.
- Facilitate the process of standardizing Fixed Asset finance data and related configurations (e.g., asset depreciation, asset revaluations, asset retirement, asset adjustments etc.) and build the system to meet business requirements.
- Assist in the development of future state business processes for Fixed Assets, leveraging best practices, to increase efficiency, promote standardization, and reduce cost.
- Identify opportunities for improvement, standardization, and consolidation in current operations.
- Work with ERP transformation team to design, configure, and test ERP system(s) as needed.
- Document and maintain functional specifications for reports, interfaces, conversions, enhancements, and workflow in conjunction with IT analysts.
- Define integration requirements with other systems (e.g., point of use systems, mobile technology, EDI exchanges).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Regular and reliable attendance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance.
3 to 8 years of general accounting experience; 4 years in a health care environment preferred.
Solid understanding of GAAP.
Proven experience in asset management within a finance or accounting department.
Strong understanding of asset management processes, including depreciation, revaluations, adjustments etc.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs