Registered Respiratory Therapist - Swain
Bryson City, North Carolina
$20,000 Sign-on Bonus for Respiratory Therapists. A 2-year commitment period is required. The Bonus payout occurs over the 2-year period.
The Respiratory Therapist provides care to patients requiring all types of respiratory support including critical, emergency, general therapy, and special care nursery. Supports organizational improvement by teaching and participating in the management of resources for patient care.
1. Performs assessment of cardiopulmonary status utilizing physical assessment and history taking skills, laboratory findings, radiological studies of the chest, pulmonary function testing and professional judgment to formulate a respiratory care plan upon the order of a physician.
2. Initiates, administers, evaluates response to, and documents all therapy modalities according to departmental procedure and ordered by a physician including: intermittent positive pressure breathing, handheld nebulizer, chest physical therapy modalities, including percussion, vibration, breathing and cough retraining exercises, deep tracheal suctioning, incentive spirometry, sputum induction.
3. Initiates, monitors and documents performance of various respiratory care modalities.
4. Administers proper technical respiratory care procedures including dispensing of proper dosage of medication and equipment/devices.
5. Inspects and tests equipment, disassembles, cleans, reassembles equipment as required. Maintains adequate supply of necessary equipment. Performs accurate record keeping, including logs for oxygen, supplies and equipment. Disposes of equipment properly.
Swain Community Hospital is affiliated with Harris Regional Hospital in Sylva, NC.
1. Registered Respiratory Therapist with NC Respiratory Care Board and current Respiratory Care Practitioner.
2. Aquire American Heart Association BLS certification within 30 days of hire and maintain thereafter.
3. Acquire AHA ACLS certification within 3 months and maintain thereafter.
4. Acquire AHA NRP certification within 3 months and maintain thereafter.
1. Ability to lift and move at least 50 pounds.
2. Ability to see colors, see at least 1 mm squares.
3. Ability to hear and distinguish heart and lung sounds.
4. Ability to reach overhead.
5. Ability to remain calm, continue to function effectively and develop priorities during highly stressful situations.
6. Ability to communicate effectively using written and verbal media.
7. Ability to move and operate equipment and carry supplies.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs