CT Technologist PRN
- Reviews patient history and physician's orders.
- Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
- When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice.
- Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
- Prepares equipment and supplies.
- Implements safety standards and performs appropriate quality control procedures on equipment.
- Troubleshoots, resolves, and/or reports equipment malfunctions as necessary.
- Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s).
- Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results.
- Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure.
- Enters, transmits and reports scan result
- Graduate of an educational program in Radiologic Technology.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Full range of motion of upper and lower extremities. Moving and/or lifting patients and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds. Pushing equipment > 100 pounds. Dexterity and eye-hand coordination. Requires corrected vision and hearing within normal ranges. Standing and/or walking for extensive periods of time. Working under stressful conditions and irregular hours. Potential for exposure to communicable disease and/or body fluid which require the use of body substance isolation precautions.
- Registered by American Registry of Radiologic Technologists, Advanced certification in Computed Tomography is preferred.
- AHA BLS required.
- Minimum of one year experience as a Radiologic Technologist in Diagnostic Radiology preferred.
- Previous CT experience preferred.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs