SOVAH Health – Danville
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. SOVAH Health - Danville is a 250-bed hospital with the region's only designated Chest Pain Center & Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center. We are an academic teaching site for residents, medical students, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and physician assistants.
Where We Are:
From our beautiful rolling countryside to our thriving downtown, Danville offers big city amenities with quaint, small town charm. We are home to a thriving art and entertainment scene, numerous local restaurants and shops, diverse educational institutions, and vast recreational opportunities.
Why Choose Us:
· Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
· Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
· Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
· Professional development, Growth opportunities, and Mentor-based training
· And much more…
SOVAH Health in Danville, VA., is seeking a full-time Occupational Therapist to provide occupational therapy services to patients needing to develop, recover and maintain occupational skills.
- Assesses patient's ability to safely and effectively perform occupational skills.
- Designs the appropriate plan of care, including type and frequency of treatment.
- Implements the treatment plan using appropriate modalities.
- Documents subjective and objective findings of patient progress.
- Monitors and modifies the plan of care as needed and seeks consultation as necessary.
- Educates the patient and family/caregiver about patient deficits.
- Plans and/or assists with patient discharge from therapy services and treatment setting.
- Provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs.
- Supervises and delegates the care provided by certified occupational therapy assistants and therapy technicians according to established licensing laws, state regulations and practice standards.