SOVAH Health in Danville, VA., is seeking a PRN Pharmacist to coordinate and provide the pharmaceutical care of patients. Interprets physician prescriptions and medication orders. Acts as a drug information resource to patients, medical staff, nursing staff and ancillary department personnel. Compounds and dispenses prescribed medications and other pharmaceuticals for patient care by performing the related duties, such as kinetic dosing and monitoring with follow up for optimum medication therapy.
- Manages drug therapy protocols as a part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Reviews, interprets and evaluates medication orders to identify, prevent and resolve potential or actual drug related problems.
- Provides drug information and education or in-service on medication therapy and medication procedures to medical staff, healthcare professionals, and patients, and pharmacy students.
- Documents interventions and their outcomes for use in drug therapy quality improvement efforts.
- Evaluates medication orders for accuracy and completeness prior to order entry. Checks for accuracy after filling by technicians.
- Maintains adequate knowledge of pharmacy automated systems and computer software.
- Manages systems for storage, preparation and dispensing of medicinal agents using appropriate techniques and following hospital and department policies and procedures and oversees technical personnel who may by involved with these processes.
- Retrieves, analyzes, evaluates and interprets scientific literature in order to provide accurate, concise, applicable, and timely drug information response to healthcare professionals, patients, and pharmacy students.
- Monitors, evaluates, and intervenes in patient pharmacotherapy to ensure effective, safe and cost effective patient care.
- Applies clinical pharmacokinetic data to promote effective economical therapeutic formulary medication regimens.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs