Pharmacy Technician PRN
SOVAH Health – Danville
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. SOVAH Health - Danville is a 250-bed hospital with the region's only designated Chest Pain Center & Certified Advanced Primary Stroke Center. We are an academic teaching site for residents, medical students, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, and physician assistants.
Where We Are:
From our beautiful rolling countryside to our thriving downtown, Danville offers big city amenities with quaint, small town charm. We are home to a thriving art and entertainment scene, numerous local restaurants and shops, diverse educational institutions, and vast recreational opportunities.
Why Choose Us:
· Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
· Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
· Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
· Professional development, Growth opportunities, and Mentor-based training
· And much more…
Sovah Danville is seeking a Prn Pharmacy Technician to provide distributive pharmacy services, assistance and support for the registered pharmacist by performing technical aspects of distribution and dispensing of medications.
- Assists the pharmacist in providing medication, drug information and pharmaceutical services to patients, nurses, physicians and other hospital personnel.
- Receives and stores incoming deliveries of medication and supplies.
- Refills and maintains automated dispensing systems.
- Fills medication carts on daily basis; repackages bulk medications.
- Prepares orders, such as intravenous solutions and admixtures.
- Maintains inventory for the pharmacy department, including the inventory of supplies and reorders them accordingly.
- Refills and maintains all pharmacy automation.
- Monitors and documents to ensure all refrigerators, freezers and room temperatures are appropriate, as required.
- Restocks, updates and replaces all drug boxes, trays and crash carts in a timely manner.
- Compounding, packing and labeling medications.
- Processes records of medications and supplies dispensed to patients, computes charges and enters them into the computer.
- Recognizes inappropriate dosing based on available dosage forms for various age groups to reduce the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
- Assist with other duties required or assigned by the pharmacist.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
**Requires flexibility in scheduling and ability to work all shift patterns including week-ends and holidays to insure continuity of care and appropriateness of pharmacy coverage to the patients of Sovah Health Danville on all units.**
- Certified Pharmacy Technician with the Virginia Board of Pharmacy required or a licensed Pharmacy Intern recognized by the Virginia Board of Pharmacy required.
SOVAH Health - Danville is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs