Reg Respiratory Therapist
Sovah Danville is seeking a Registered Respiratory Care Practitioner to examine patients with breathing-related conditions and conducts diagnostic testing. Consults with physicians to develop and implement a treatment plan for the patient. Performs physiotherapy and other treatments and teaches patients to use medications. Provides diagnostic and therapeutic interventions on physician prescribed patients with acute and chronic cardio-pulmonary dysfunction, utilizing state of the art procedures and bio-medical equipment.
- Measures lung capacity and analyzes blood samples using a blood gas analyzer.
- Delivers and assesses response to ordered therapy per plan of care.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Evaluates respiratory care policies and procedures based on patient outcomes, current research, and best practices.
- Responds to codes and calls for emergent assistance; participates as a member of the code team and rapid response team by responding to emergency or STAT calls to establish natural and artificial airways, including oral endotracheal intubations or to help or assess with any other respiratory related issue.
- Assesses patient condition and delivers appropriate treatments.to establish natural and artificial airways, including oral endotracheal intubations or to help or assess any other respiratory related issue.
- Evaluates, initiates, monitors and weans patients from mechanical ventilation.
- Provides documentation of ABG and Arterial Lactic Acids results, critical and non-critical.
- Educates the patient and family about the patient's illness and provides information about community support groups and other resources.
- Monitors, receives, stocks, and distributes respiratory care supplies and medical gas cylinders.
- Maintains storage areas with required supply levels and equipment.
- Disassembles, cleans, and sterilizes equipment, and performs preventative maintenance and calibration of machines.
- Documents EMAR scanning.
- Associate’s degree required.
- Graduate of a Program in Respiratory Care Therapist required
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
**Requires flexibility in scheduling and ability to work all shift patterns including week-ends and holidays to insure continuity and appropriateness of care to the patients of Sovah Health Danville.**
- Basic Life Support (BLS) American Heart Association required
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) American Heart Association required or within six (6) months of hire
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) American Heart Association required or within six (6) months of hire
- Neonatal Neonatal Resuscitation Provider (NRP) required or within six (6) months of hire
- Registered by the National Board for Respiratory Care (RRT) or eligible to take the NBRC’s Registered Respiratory Therapist exams and have passed the RRT exam within 18 months of hire required.
- Licensed by the Commonwealth of Virginia, to practice as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) required.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs