Athletic Trainer 7459-3080
UP Health System – Portage is seeking an Athletic Trainer to join our dynamic team of professionals to provide exceptional quality, compassionate healthcare to Division II collegiate athletes including Michigan Technological University and local area high schools. Our sports medicine team provides prevention, evaluation, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries to high school and collegiate athletes. The person selected for this position will report to the Director of Rehab & Sports Medicine and be primarily responsible for providing athletic training services to a variety of intercollegiate NCAA Division II sports. Sport coverage is to be determined, occasional travel may be required.
• Ability to provide primary coverage, independently with multiple intercollegiate programs.
• Provide coverage for home competition and availability for daily practice that occurs on and off campus venues.
• The schedule of the ATC is required to be flexible in nature as evening and weekends may be required.
• Candidate must possess strong rehabilitation skills for post-operative and return to play student-athletes.
• Must possess strong administrative and organizational skills to manage daily office responsibilities that can include COVID-19 related tasks, pre-participation physicals and medical record keeping.
• Ability to use Healthy Roster for injury tracking software to aid in student-athlete injury documentation and maintains its confidentiality.
• Must communicate effectively with all types of individuals, and establish and maintain a strong working relationship with students, parents, faculty, staff and other university personnel.
UP Health System - Portage is located in the Houghton/Hancock community near Lake Superior, home to Michigan Technological University and Finlandia University. This quaint, family-oriented community with excellent schools offers year-round recreational opportunities including skiing, snowmobiling, hiking, kayaking, fishing, hunting, and more. This active lifestyle is the perfect compliment to a fulfilling career.
Bachelor’s degree required (Master’s preferred) in athletic training program, CATTE certified
Must be BOC certified
Michigan Licensed athletic trainer or eligible
BLS/First Aid/CPR/AED certification required
COVID vaccination and annual influenza vaccination or declination required
1.0 FTE (40 hours per week or more)
Up to $3,000 sign on bonus available
$1,500 hot job bonus available to current staff
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs