MRI/CT Tech PRN
Henderson, North Carolina
Reports to : Director of Radiology
- Performs magnetic resonance imaging in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
- Provides computed tomography imaging in accordance with applicable scope and standards of practice.
- Reviews patient history and physician's orders.
- Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation. When ordered, prepares and administers contrast media and/or medications within scope of practice.
- Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
- Prepares equipment and supplies. Selects appropriate exposure factors and imaging parameters.
- Positions patient and performs imaging procedure(s). Analyzes results and identifies issues with the quality of imaging results. Takes appropriate action to resolve image quality issues, including repositioning patient and repeating procedure.
- Enters, transmits and reports scan results. Assess MRI hazard and maintains a safe MRI environment for patients, families and peers Effectively utilizes the Electronic Health Record. Call will be assigned on a as needed basis.
High school diploma or equivalent
Graduate of accredited school of Radiologic Technology
MRI experience preferred CAT scan experience preferred.
Basic Life Support (BLS) received through American Heart Association (AHA)
AART registered in Radiology including Computed Tomography (CT) certification.
MRI registry preferred
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Maria Parham Health is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer committed to providing employment opportunity without regard to an individual’s age, color, disability, genetic information, gender, gender identity, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, or veteran status.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs