Clinical Practice Partner (RN) - Onsite - Hickory, NC Region
Hickory, North Carolina
Lifepoint Health has an opportunity for a Clinical Practice Partner in Hickory, North Carolina. This position will be onsite at primary care practice clinics Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM-5:00 PM. The Pop Health Clinical Practice Partner directs onsite support and care to patients attributed to the Clinically Integrated Network by serving as an integral member of the health care team. The Pop Health Nurse Practice Partner will work in the ambulatory setting, specifically within primary care clinics, and is responsible for implementing and coordinating best practices for Annual Wellness Visits, patient care gap closures, social determinants of health screenings, disease-specific patient education, and clinical quality improvements. The Nurse Practice Partner will serve as a patient advocate by identifying barriers and navigating their health complexities to facilitate optimal care.
Lifepoint Health is a leader in community-based care and driven by a mission of Making Communities Healthier. Our diversified healthcare delivery network spans 29 states and includes 63 community hospital campuses, 32 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals, and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum, such as acute rehabilitation units, outpatient centers and post-acute care facilities. We believe that success is achieved through talented people. We want to create places where employees want to work, with opportunities to pursue meaningful and satisfying careers that truly make a difference in communities across the country.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: To perform this job, an individual must perform each essential function satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Conduct pre-visit chart review of patients for identification of needed preventative health maintenance, immunizations, and chronic disease interventions. Assist in completing standing orders, facilitate patient medication management, and fill out pre-visit forms to assist the provider ahead of office visit.
- Work independently to assess and evaluate understanding of disease process, treatment plan, and/or lifestyle changes while applying professional nursing skills in the provision of preventative health maintenance through patient Wellness Visits. Assess patient needs for healthcare resources, determine medical and complex conditions, and assist in determining optimal care plan.
- Conduct comprehensive, preventive screenings for patients and assist care team in daily patient interactions as needed. Educate and collaborate with patient/family in establishing mutual short- and long-term goals based on patient’s needs or problems such as medication adherence, fall risk assessment, nutritional coaching, and other patient duties assigned.
- Identify patients with high-risk conditions and concerns to present to Population Health care team (e.g., primary care provider, care navigator, community health worker, etc.) to further investigate barriers to outcomes and/or recommended care plans.
- Utilize technology skills within the electronic health record (EHR), specifically the clinical record, to document potential clinical diagnoses and close quality measures. Responsible for working side by side with clinical support staff and providers to train on utilization of the EHR for population health initiatives.
- Review monthly and quarterly reports on quality and cost/utilization to determine performance improvement opportunities for both the practice and its patients.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Position serves both internal co-workers and external customers, clients, patients, contractors, and vendors.
Access to and / or works with sensitive and / or confidential information.
Exhibit a comprehensive understanding of healthcare regulatory and compliance (e.g., HIPAA). Skilled in the application of policies and procedures. Knowledge of Business Office Standards and Recommended Practices.
At Lifepoint, our Mission of Making Communities Healthier extends to our employees. We offer an excellent total compensation package, including a competitive salary and benefits. Some of our benefits include 401k, flexible PTO, generous Employee illness benefit (EIB), medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and an Employee Assistance Program. We believe that happy, healthy people have a passionate engagement with life and work and have designed our package to enhance your wellbeing.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
Education and Licensure: Minimum of Associates Degree in Nursing required; Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred. Current state licensure in Nursing required.
Experience: Three years of clinical nursing experience, preferably in ambulatory healthcare setting. Ideal candidate will have prior experience in population health initiatives such as chronic disease management, care management, or utilization management.
Location: Hickory, North Carolina region
This position will be onsite at primary care practice clinics Monday-Friday from 8:00 AM-5:00 PM.
No overnight travel by land and/or air. May travel during day between provider clinics, as needed.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs