Float Pool SRNA
The Patient Care Associate (PCA) performs clerical, reception; admission, communication, and coordination tasks to facilitate smooth functioning of the patient care area. The PCA also participates in the delivery of patient care.
The employee is to provide basic patient care under the direction of licensed nursing personnel for patients served on his / her assigned unit. The Patient Care Associate performs direct and indirect diagnostic, therapeutic, administrative, and service tasks necessary for the care of the patient, and in support of the unit where assigned. Applies knowledge of growth and development in-patient and family interactions to care for patient’s aged young adult through geriatric.
- High school graduate or GED required with 1-year general hospital experience preferred.
- SRNA and CPR certification required.
- Must be able to act independently and make judgments regarding patient care.
- Completion of a vocational or diploma training program (or certified nursing assistant) is necessary to work on the Family Care Unit.
- Must be able to recognize and respond to emergency situations.
- Ability to work with minimum supervisory guidance and exercise independent judgment (anticipates needs before they arise.)
- Must have knowledge of basic medical terminology, metric system, and aseptic technique.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs