Payroll Project Consultant- Remote
Lifepoint Health is a leader in community-based care and driven by a mission of Making Communities Healthier. Our diversified healthcare delivery network spans 29 states and includes 63 community hospital campuses, 32 rehabilitation and behavioral health hospitals, and more than 170 additional sites of care across the healthcare continuum, such as acute rehabilitation units, outpatient centers and post-acute care facilities. We believe that success is achieved through talented people. We want to create places where employees want to work, with opportunities to pursue meaningful and satisfying careers that truly make a difference in communities across the country.
- Provides support, recommendations, and expert advice to Payroll Managers and Sr. Director of Payroll in areas of payroll processing and reporting, quarterly and year-end payroll tax processing and reporting, and PTO processing and reporting.
- Provides leadership and consultation to address the day to day challenges in a fast-paced payroll environment (fighting the fires) as well as makes significant contributions to the continuous improvement in quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of the department.
- Analyzes business requirements, develops and/or approves design specs, configures to or ensures configuration meets specifications and validates results of payroll and/or timekeeping system conversions, upgrades and enhancements.
- Provides leadership in the support of payroll and/or timekeeping system enhancements, testing, implementation and field communication.
- Leads and instructs payroll processing staff in organizing workload, communication with field, and development of policies and procedures relating to payroll, time and attendance, and/or leave entitlement issues and research.
- Applies advanced technology and tools in the analysis, design and development of complicated ad-hoc reports to meet the needs of facilities, corporate departments, management and regulatory agencies.
- Contributes technical and analytical skills to identify opportunities to streamline and automate existing processes within the department.
- Facilitates development and presentation of training materials designed to further knowledge of payroll systems, taxes, regulatory issues, and other payroll related practices.
Position primarily serves internal co-workers.
Access to and/or works with sensitive and/or confidential information.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required.
- Expert knowledge of payroll and/or time and attendance function.
- Knowledge of system development, conversion, and related project management methodology.
- Advanced report writing and Microsoft programs. Intermediate understanding of computer logic.
- Good organization and communication skills.
- Ability to self-direct and self-pace under the pressure of deadlines
Work Environment and Travel Requirements:
Work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job responsibilities.
Works in well-lit, ventilated and climate controlled office environment with routine office equipment; some equipment has moving mechanical parts.
In hospital environment, may be exposed to hazards and unusual elements, which may include but are not limited to bloodborne pathogens and / or contagious illnesses, toxic chemicals, and biohazardous materials which may require extensive safety precautions and the use of protective equipment.
Noise level in the work environment is typical for an office and/or hospital environment.
Minimum overnight travel (up to 10%) by land and/or air
Competitive pay and benefits including 401k, paid time off, employee illness benefit (EIB), medical, dental, vision.
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting, Computer Science or Business Management
- 5+ years experience that includes IS/ Payroll, project management, report writing, and system conversion
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs