Pharmacist - PRN
PRN / On-Call Pharmacist
UofL Health, Frazier Rehabilitation Hospital - Brownsboro
UofL Health and Lifepoint Rehabilitation (formerly Kindred) have announced a joint venture to build and operate an inpatient rehabilitation hospital in Louisville, Kentucky.
This new 40-bed inpatient rehabilitation hospital will be located at 5000 Chamberlain Lane, near the intersection of I-71 and I-265 in the northeast area of Jefferson County, and will serve the growing East End of Jefferson County and adjacent counties. The approximately 55,000-square-foot, two-story rehabilitation facility will have all private rooms and focus on acute rehabilitation for patients who suffer from stroke, traumatic brain injury, spinal cord injury, complex neurological disorders, orthopedic conditions, multiple trauma, amputation and other injuries or disorders. Large multidisciplinary therapy gymnasiums will be outfitted with the latest therapeutic technologies, including augmented reality balance training, therapy bionics and a full body exoskeleton. The hospital will also include a therapeutic courtyard with exterior amenities.
UofL Health – Frazier Rehab Institute is recognized nationally as an innovator in rehab care. For more than six decades, patients from across the world have sought out Frazier Rehab for life-enhancing treatments and therapies. The new facility is expected to help manage the growing needs of the region and will free up access to the array of specialty programs at its downtown location with one common goal – helping people of all ages with disabilities reach their fullest potential in physical and cognitive functioning.
The pharmacist is responsible for the dispensing of prescription medications to hospital inpatients. Provides information about medications and helps patients and clinical staff understand instructions provided by the physician. Monitors the patient’s health and progress to assure medications are effective and safe. Adheres to state and federal regulations as well as Joint Commission standards.
- Verifies physician medication orders with accuracy and timeliness.
- Monitors and evaluates the six critical processes of medication management; determines risk points and is an active participant with physicians and clinical staff in continuous quality and performance improvement.
- Verifies and approves the work of Pharmacy Technician(s).
- Responsible for the management and utilization of the computerized pharmacy system.
- Orders and stores medications, keeping them safe and effective.
- Monitors drug therapy for appropriateness and promotes/ evaluates rational drug therapy that improves pharmaceutical care. Performs anticoagulant monitoring.
- Maintains positive relationships with all customers.
- Complies with regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Provides information to the medical staff and administration regarding the cost effective use of pharmaceuticals.
- Works with physicians, specialists and other clinicians to implement appropriate guidelines and protocols for drug use based on evidence based medicine, national guidelines, and literature based protocols.
- Provides drug information to nurses, physicians, and other pharmacists to ensure current information on drug therapy.
- Provides specialized services to assist nursing and patients manage conditions such as diabetes, high blood pressure, asthma, etc.
- Recommends changes to drug therapy based on patient assessment.
- Provides and documents clinical interventions, therapy recommendations and other clinical activities according to department policy and procedure in order to maintain accurate and complete patient records
- Participates in the Medication Reconciliation activities of the Pharmacy Department.
- Prepares sterile and non-sterile compounds per USP standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be a graduate of an accredited school of pharmacy.
- BS Pharm or Pharm D degree required, accredited clinical residency preferred.
- Must hold a current state license to practice pharmacy.
- Two years’ experience in hospital pharmacy is preferred.
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills.
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs