Medical Technologist - 3rd shift
SOVAH Health in Martinsville, VA., is seeking a full-time Medical Technologist to perform diagnostic testing on patient samples to aid physicians in the diagnosis and/or monitoring of various disease states.
- Verifies patient and specimen identification before performing any procedure.
- Follows standardized procedures and helps prepare samples for testing.
- Follows specimen rejection policies and procedures.
- Collects samples and analyze bodily fluids and substances for abnormalities. Collects blood and study blood samples used in transfusions
- Operates laboratory equipment in a high-quality, effective manner.
- Analyzes test results for accuracy, acceptability, and critical limits, and reports/documents results per organizational standards.
- Performs automated tests using computerized instruments & automated equipment.
- Performs manual tests based on detailed instructions from a physician.
- Runs tests and analyzes the results to be reported to the patient, physician or registered nurse.
- Performs Quality Assurance work to ensure accuracy of equipment.
- Maintains technical knowledge and problem solving skills to resolve instrumentation, testing, or QC problems
- Resolves technical problems and ensures that remedial actions are taken whenever test systems deviate from policies and procedures.
- Establishes and monitors quality control programs under technical supervisor’s direction.
- Sets up new procedures and instrumentation under technical supervisor’s direction.
- Utilizes the laboratory and hospital QA/PI plans to continually improve processes and designs.
- Maintains sufficient inventory of supplies and takes steps to reduce waste.
- Assists with the teaching and training of new employees and may be designated to verify competencies.
- Assists supervisor with management of operations, human resources, and finances.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs