Registered Cardiac Sonographer
Sovah Martinsville is seeking a full-time Registered Cardiac Sonographer to coordinate and participate in the administration of advanced diagnostic ultrasonography. Perform non-invasive cardiac ultrasonography on patients with acute and chronic cardiovascular dysfunction, utilizing state of the art procedures and bio-medical equipment. Perform Peripheral Vascular and Arterial studies. Practice in accordance with state and federal law and health care regulatory standards.
- Coordinate, participate and perform adult and pediatric Echocardiograms , TEE with color flow and doppler in a timely manner
- Once trained: Coordinate and participate and perform Carotid Duplex exams, Venous Duplex scans, Peripheral Arterial exams, Arterial Duplex, Hemodialysis Access grafts, Vein Mapping.
- Establish and maintain records of those patients who have been examined following HIPPA guidelines.
- Works with other technicians to help maintain equipment safety, calibration and maintenance.
- Participate in call back rotation for nonscheduled patients, responding to a time frame of less than 30 minutes.
- Maintain and acquire mandatory CMES as needed by ICAVL or by Credentials.
- Educates patient regarding procedures, equipment and exam to ensure patient's understanding and cooperation.
- Monitors patient condition continually and reports/responds to changes in status as appropriate.
- Prepares equipment and supplies.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Echocardiogram credential and/or formal ultrasound training.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Knowledgeable and proficient with complex invasive hemodynamic monitoring.
- Knowledge of IV therapy, moderate sedation, medication and IV solution administration.
- Ability to function under stress and emergency situations, critical thinking abilities.
- Effective organization, prioritization, time management and problem-solving skills.
- Team and goal-oriented yet able to function independently.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certified required.
- Registered Cardiac Sonographer, RCS; Experience in Vascular and/or EEG preferred.
Typical Physical Demands:
- Full range of motion of upper and lower extremities.
- Moving and/or lifting patients and equipment weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Pushing equipment > 100 pounds. Dexterity and eye-hand coordination.
- Requires corrected vision and hearing within normal ranges.
- Standing and/or walking for extensive periods of time.
- Working under stressful conditions and irregular hours.
- Potential for exposure to communicable disease and/or body fluid which require the use of body substance isolation precautions.
Minimum Work Experience:
- Minimum of 12 months experience of Vascular/Cardiac Ultrasound procedures.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs