Surgical Tech I - Day Shift
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come to work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Licensed for 220 beds, SOVAH Health – Martinsville, is a full service, acute-care hospital providing over 22 medical specialties. Among the services we offer are a home health & hospice agency, advanced wound healing center, cardiac rehabilitation center, two cardiac catheterization labs, and medical & radiation oncology services.
Where We Are:
In Martinsville, explore culture and arts, enjoy kayaking or hiking and so much more in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains. From the river to the racetrack, we offer plenty of activities to guarantee that you and your family have a fun-filled time!
Why Choose Us:
· Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
· Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
· Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
· Professional development, Growth opportunities, and Mentor-based training
· And much more…
Sovah Health in Martinsville, VA. is seeking a Full Time Surgical Technician I. The Surgery Tech will:
· Facilitates the safe and efficient performance of surgical procedures.
· Delivers customer-focused quality care, under the supervision of the RN.
· Functions as a member of the surgical team and performs scrub duties, which facilitates the work of the surgeon.
· Prepares surgical operating suite with drapes, solutions, instruments, equipment and supplies.
· Ensures good working order of equipment and instruments.
· Uses all equipment and instruments according to manufacturers instructions and SHD policy and procedures.
· Assists with preparing, transporting, positioning, and draping patients.
· Provides equipment and supplies based on patient needs as well as anticipates needs of surgeon; passes instruments to physician during surgery.
· Utilizes aseptic technique per AORN standards while maintaining a sterile field.
· Initiates corrective action when breaks in technique occur.
· Continually accounts for number and location of instruments and supplies during surgery.
· Receives and processes specimens for delivery to the laboratory.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Graduate of a Program in Surgical Technology preferred.
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Heartsaver CPR American Heart Association (AHA) required.
- Licensed by the Virginia Board of Medicine as a Surgical Tech
Minimum Work Experience
- One (1) year clinical experience in a hospital OR preferred.
SOVAH Health - Martinsville is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities for all applicants and employees and complies with all applicable laws prohibiting discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of color, race, sex, age, religion, national origin, disability, genetic information, gender identity, sexual orientation, veterans' status or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs