Environment of Care and Emergency Preparedness
The Emergency Management Safety Officer will provide leadership, guidance and implementation of emergency preparedness and business continuity to prevent business interruptions and ensure safety for all patients, staff, and physicians at WVMC.
This role is part of the Environment of Care and manages and administers policies, procedures and technical standards related to emergency management and the Joint Commission standards.
Works with hospital leadership at WVMC and all sites to coordinate develop and support the market emergency operations plan and business continuity plan.
Associate degree in emergency management, Safety, Law Enforcement, Security Management, Fire Science, Emergency Medical Services (EMS), Military or related discipline.
5-7 years of progressive management/leadership experience in healthcare operations specifically in healthcare emergency management or safety preferred.
Previous Healthcare emergency management/safety preferred. Working Knowledge of TJC, CMS, HIPPA requirements.
- Proven ability to manage large scale and complex emergencies.
- Excellent analytical skills, organizational and communication skills.
- Experience in creating and facilitating emergency exercises.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Essential Job Functional:
- Responsible for the Joint Commission (TJC) and Center for Medicaid (CMS) Emergency Management standards.
- Facilitates and participates in the Environment of Care and Emergency Preparedness committees.
- Develops, coordinates, and leads all emergency preparedness drills internally and externally.
- Evaluates drill and exercise results and writes after action reports. Identifies opportunities for improvement and recommendations with support from leadership.
- Represents the hospital on local, regional, and state preparedness committees and activities.
- Works with hospital leadership to ensure all staff receive initial emergency management training as well as training on the hospital incident command system. (HICS)
- Conducts and/or supports the Hazardous Vulnerability Analysis (HVA) Annually
- Oversees the Inventory, Maintenance, and training on all emergency management supplies.
- Responds and oversees the hospital’s medical decontamination and mass casualty plans. Organizes, trains and exercises medical decontamination response teams.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate sound judgment, patience and maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Ability to work in a busy and stressful environment
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Computer skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, Electronic medical records software
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity, problem analysis and decision making
- Ability to work varied shifts
WVMC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have special need or seek accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process, please contact us at (503) 472-6131.
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs