Under the supervision of the radiologist, the radiologic technologist operates radiographic equipment to produce quality images. As part of this procedure, the technologist explains procedures to the patient and obtains cooperation, positioning the patient on the examining table, and adjusting immobilization devices to obtain optimum views of specific body areas. The technologist moves the imaging equipment into position and adjusts equipment controls to set exposure based on knowledge of the procedure and on established protocols. To prevent unnecessary radiation exposure during some procedures, a technologist uses radiation protective devices, such as lead shields, and limits the size of the x-ray beam. The technologist may also operate mobile x-ray equipment (c-arm) to obtain images in the emergency room, operating room, or at the patient's bedside.
- Certification and current registration for Radiologic Technologist (R.T.) from American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT). If registry eligible, credential within 6 months of hire.
- Current unencumbered Oregon Board of Medical Imaging (OBMI) license for Radiography required. If new graduate, temporary license upon hire and perm license within 6 months of hire required.
- Obtain BLS certification within three months of hire and maintain as current.
Essential Job Functions
- Collect Patient Data and Document Procedure
- Perform Radiographic Procedures
- Assist Physicians with Fluoroscopic Procedures
- Provide Collaborative Duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate sound judgment, patience and maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Ability to work in a busy and stressful environment
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Strong computer skills
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity, problem analysis and decision making
- Ability to work varied shifts
WVMC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have special need or seek accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process, please contact us at (503) 472-6131.
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs