Req ID SONOG021089 Post Date May. 27, 2023 CategoryTechnician FacilityWillamette Valley Medical Center
Under the supervision of the radiologist and Director of Radiology, performs all phases of diagnostic medical sonography and/or cardiac sonography to provide high quality diagnostic exams and patient care. Procedures include but are not necessarily limited to, abdominal, OB/GYN, Breast, noninvasive vascular, pediatric, and cardiac echo.
- Graduate of an approved CHEA accredited program for cardiac sonography or an approved CAAHEP/JRC-DMS accredited program for Diagnostic Medical Sonography.
- Current RDMS or RVT Oregon Board of Medical Imaging license.
- Certified or eligible for certification by American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers (ARDMS) in one or more of the following registries: OB, AB, BR, RVT, or by Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) for the specialty of cardiac sonography (Registered Cardiac Sonograher, RCS) in adult echocardiography.
- BLS within 3 months of hire and maintain as current.
- Competent in scanning abdominal organs such as liver, kidneys, gallbladder, spleen, pancreas, and parts of the chest.
- Competent in scanning obstetric and gynecologic areas; the imaging of the female reproductive system and fetus.
- Competent in scanning noninvasive vascular exams such as carotid, venous, aorta, and hepatic Doppler studies.
- Competent in scanning cardiac sonography, if applicable.
- Be able to demonstrate specific normal anatomy and abnormal pathology.
- Possess good judgment, decision making, and communication skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Collects Pertinent Data & Documents Procedure
- Performs Echo and Vascular Ultrasound Procedures
- Assists Physicians with Procedures
- Provide Collaborative Duties
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrate sound judgment, patience and maintain a professional demeanor at all times
- Ability to work in a busy and stressful environment
- Organizational skills and the ability to prioritize
- Computer skills: Electronic medical records software
- Strong interpersonal verbal and written communication skills
- Creativity, problem analysis and decision making
- Ability to work varied shifts
WVMC is an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. If you have special need or seek accommodation to aid your participation in our hiring process, please contact us at (503) 472-6131.
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs