RN - IMCU (Step Down Unit) FT Nights
Mohave Valley, Arizona
Sign-on Bonus: $20,000
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Valley View Medical Center is a state-of-the-art hospital is licensed with 52 medical/surgical beds, 12 acute rehabilitation beds, 12 intensive care beds, and an eight-bed labor, delivery and post-partum unit, and is the only all private bed hospital in the area.
Where We Are:
The Tri-State area has sunshine almost every day of the year. The beautiful clear skies, breathtaking sunsets on mountains to the east and west of us, and a mixture of the Great Outdoors along Arizona’s West Coast (the Colorado River) plus bountiful indoor activities provide something to do for everyone of any age.
Why Choose Us:
· Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
· Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
· Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
· Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
· Professional Development and Growth Opportunities
· And much more…
The Registered Nurse promotes and restores patients’ health by completing the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation, and evaluation of nursing care for a given population based upon age specific and cultural needs. This is done in a collaborative multidisciplinary approach embracing quality and safety and providing physical and psychological support along the healthcare continuum. Every effort has been made to make this job description as complete as possible. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties the incumbent will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is a logical assignment to the position. This position description does not restrict the right of management to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities with and without notice.
- Performs plan of care intervention, including medication administration, specimen collection, clinical treatments, as well as other medical care treatment.
- Documents patient care given.
- Monitors, records, and communicates patient condition as appropriate to care team, physician, patient, and family.
- Assists patients with performing activities of daily living, including personal hygiene, elimination, nutrition, and ambulation.
- Collaborates as needed across disciplines to coordinate patient care, including patient transfer, discharge, referral and spiritual/psychosocial support needs.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and/or family and provides patient/family education appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstances.
- Works as an advocate for the physical and emotional well-being of the patient.
- Uses critical thinking and nursing judgements to analyze assessment data to make independent nursing decisions and formulate nursing diagnoses.
- Based on assessments and analysis of data, the RN formulates, modifies, and prioritizes strategies to meet the patient’s goals.
- The RN supervises, monitors, and evaluates the care of delegated tasks.
- Identifies patient care requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual patients and other persons in a position to understand care requirements.
- Establishes a compassionate environment by providing emotional, psychological, and spiritual support to patients, friends, and families.
- Promotes patient's independence by establishing patient care goals; teaching patient, friends, and family to understand condition, medications, and self-care skills; answering questions.
- Assures quality of care by measuring health outcomes against patient care goals and standards; making or recommending necessary adjustments; following hospital philosophies and standards of care set by Arizona State Board of Nursing, and other governing agency regulations.
- Resolves patient problems and needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with procedures, rules, and regulations
- Protects patients and employees by adhering to infection-control policies and protocols, medication administration and storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Documents patient care services by charting in patient and department records.
- Contributes to the maintenance of a safe working environment and the employee’s own personal safety.
- Recognizes safety hazards and takes action to maintain a safe environment
- Adheres to Life Safety Codes, MSDS, Infection Control, and all other regulatory and hospital policies.
- Maintains continuity among nursing teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Maintains patient confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by completing Life Talent assignments, maintaining professional certifications and licensure requirements.
- Promotes cooperative relationships among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort in accomplishing departmental goals and objectives
- Strives daily to give all customers excellent care and promotes Valley View Medical Centers’ Standards of Behavior
Minimum Education Required:
Graduate of an accredited nursing program
Arizona Registered Nurse (RN) License or Compact State Registered Nurse (RN) License
Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS)
Moderate Sedation within 90 days of hire
Experience Required :
Minimum of 1 year Medical Surgical, Telemetry or ICU exp.
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs