Speech Language Pathologist (SLP) PRN
Position: PRN Speech Language Pathologist
Location: Kindred Hospital Ocala - Ocala, FL
Setting: LTAC Hospital
Lifepoint Rehabilitation is a leading provider of acute inpatient rehabilitation services with more than 300 hospital-based rehabilitation units, medical/surgical and outpatient therapy settings and more than 30 joint venture inpatient rehabilitation hospitals across the country. We provide high quality, patient-centered care to those who have experienced a loss of function from an injury or illness. Our goal is to help our patients recover as fully as possible and regain the level of independence they hope to achieve.
Success within a company doesn’t just happen. It requires committed teams of talented people who understand and embrace an organization’s goals and work together at the highest level to achieve them. Join our team of interdisciplinary doctors, nurses, therapists and other experts today!
- Play an important part in helping our patient to recover and feel better about themselves by providing therapy to maximize speech, language, cognitive and swallowing abilities.
- Communicate patient progress or problems to supervisor and other team members; assist with patient scheduling and post charges daily to patient records.
- Document patient care in accordance with Lifepoint, regulatory, licensing, payer and accrediting requirements.
- Instruct patient's family or nursing staff in follow-through programs.
- Maintain equipment and work area in a safe and clean condition.
- Make presentations to support marketing efforts, at team conferences and in-services.
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the Company's Code of Business Conduct, the Corporate Compliance Agreement, appropriate professional standard and applicable state/federal laws.
- Graduate of a master’s level program in Speech Language Pathology which is accredited by Education Standards Board or whose practice meets ASHA certification requirements.
- Meet the education and experience requirements for Certification of Clinical Competence in Speech Language Pathology or Audiology granted by ASHA
- Minimum of six months speech therapist / speech language pathologist experience working with an adult and geriatric population.
- Current and unrestricted Speech Language Pathologist license in the state where services are rendered.
- Current CPR certification.
- Strong organizational and communication skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours and weekends.
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs