Medical Lab Tech PRN
Req ID 7414-4109 Post Date May. 15, 2023 CategoryTechnician FacilityClinch Valley Health
Medical Lab Tech, CVMC
- Aids the phlebotomists in the collection of specimen.
- Performs tests within the laboratory ordered by physicians or contract with companies
- Processes verifies the quality and appropriateness of any sample while maintaining accurate identification throughout the testing and reporting procedures
- Assures that correlation and verification of results of stats, timed specimens, drug levels, panic values, and document calls to units or physicians as required.
- Processes all specimens (including proper storage and/or transport arrangements) for delayed testing or for referral to external labs
- Performs daily Quality Control for each test performed according to policy and procedure
- Assists with any secretarial duties as needed, i.e.
- Insures phones are answered timely and customer friendly.
- Assists in timely report of outpatient results to physicians and Medical Records.
Education: Requires Associate of Science with a major in Medical Laboratory Science or medical laboratory training plus experience and certified as Medical Laboratory Technician or Clinical Laboratory Technician with certification as M.L.T. (ASCP), NCA or equivalent.
Experience: 1-2 years experience preferred. Applicants with no previous experience will be considered on an individual basis.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs