RN Clinical Instructor-ICU/CCU
Clinch Valley Health
Who We Are:
People are our passion and purpose. Come work where you are appreciated for who you are not just what you can do. Clinch Valley Medical Center is a 175-bed acute care hospital with a growing integrated network of care that offers many services for our community. Today, our unwavering commitment to our patients ranks us as one of the top hospitals in Virginia and the nation for quality of care – including patient safety and health outcomes.
Where We Are:
As one of the most peaceful towns in the State of Virginia, Richlands is comfortably located within the mountains of Southwest Virginia. Nestled in the Appalachian Mountains and along the banks of the Clinch River, the Town of Richlands is privileged by the exposure of a diverse and unique culture. Many of the local attractions reflect the unique culture of Appalachian Mountains.
Why Choose Us:
- Health (Medical, Dental, Vision) and 401K Benefits for full-time employees
- Competitive Paid Time Off / Extended Illness Bank package for full-time employees
- Employee Assistance Program – mental, physical, and financial wellness assistance
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance for qualified applicants
- Employee discount program
- And much more…
Clinch Valley Health is seeking a Registered Nurse Clinical Instructor for the ICU and CCU units.
The RN/Clinical Instructor plays a vital role in the education of our students. The responsibility of the RN/Clinical Instructor who works with our RN students include:
- Supervising care provided by a group of students while they complete their clinical rotation.
- Coordinating with clinicians at the clinical site to make student patient assignments.
- Teaching students how to perform duties in the clinical site and answering their questions.
- Evaluating your students' clinical work.
The RN/Clinical instructor will also be required to be a staff nurse in our ICU/CCU department. The responsibilities of this assignment are listed below:
Responsible for planning, delegating and coordinating the provision of nursing care via the nursing process for the assigned patients. RN is responsible for meeting the standards of care and practice, performing in an ethical and professional manner, and assisting in the management of staff and collaborating with ancillary departments and members of the health care team to establish and achieve patient goals and maintain high quality patient care. Assesses and plans for patient/family/significant other educational needs and plans, implements and evaluates knowledge gained through educational efforts. The RN must be able to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care, based on the physical, psycho/social, educational, safety, and related criteria for the adult, geriatric and occasional adolescent population served.
- Requires graduation from an accredited school of nursing and must be currently registered in the State of Virginia. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Job requires three years of previous clinically related hospital nursing experience.
- Must acquire and maintain ACLS proficiency. Must meet proficiency requirements of the unit including CPR certification, and successful completion of both the medication and unit specific proficiency tests annually. Ability to make decisions and intervenes on a variety of complex problems while rendering patient care.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs