Under the direction of a Radiologist and supervision of the Leader of Imaging Services and Lead Technologist in Ultrasound, the Ultrasound Technologist performs ultrasound procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a number of technical procedures that will require independent judgment. Assumes responsibility for designated areas or procedure as required. The Ultrasound Technologist plans for patient/family/significant other educational needs and plans, implements and evaluates knowledge gained through educational efforts. Performs all activities in an ethical and professional manner.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Operates and controls all modes of ultrasound equipment, obtaining good diagnostic quality images and processes and assesses films appropriately.
- Schedules of all ultrasound exams in the most economical and efficient manner.
- Properly assists, transfers and immobilizes patients with proper techniques and devices.
- Responsible for ordering proper supplies and doing statistical departmental records.
- CPR/ACLS certification required.
- Orders and stocks all ultrasound supplies.
- Maintains department records, reports and files.
- Interviews patients and reviews charts/orders to obtain clinical history; retrieves prior films.
- Assists the Imaging Physician as needed.
- Assists in the transport of patients to and from the department as needed.
- Participates in collection, analysis and reporting of performance improvement activities.
- Accurately charges for exams and supplies.
- May be required to perform other assignments from time to time as requested by the Department Leader
Education: Registered A.R.R.T. by the American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers or minimum of one year's experience working under the supervision of a registered sonographer.
Experience: One (1) year of hospital experience preferred.
Special Qualifications: RDMS and RVT certification are required. Echocardiogram experience preferred.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs