Medical Assistant-Youngsville MedAccess
Youngsville, North Carolina
DLP Person Urgent Care, LLC dba MedAccess Urgent Care
Performs routine clinical and administrative duties in support of assigned area or office.
- The goal of this team member is to provide exceptional patient care by assisting in the delivery of medical care with compassion, efficiency, and accuracy.
- Triage incoming patients; perform CPR and other emergency measures, if necessary.
- Escort patients to exam rooms; take histories and vital signs, prepare patients for examination.
- Performs basic diagnostic procedures and specimen collection.
- Monitor and communicate changes in patient condition. Documents patient care given.
- Assist providers in examination and treatment of patients, minor surgeries, and physicals.
- Stock and set-up exam rooms with necessary equipment and supplies.
- Clean and sterilize instruments.
- Process referral and prior authorization requests in accordance with company protocol.
- Utilize electronic medical software to record patient information in compliance with HIPAA /confidentiality guidelines.
- Dispense medication as directed by providers.
- Collect and process lab specimens.
- Perform glucose monitoring.
- Provide wound care and perform suture removal as directed by providers.
- Communicate with the patient, pharmacy, and physician inquiries within the scope of the practice;involve provider as needed.
- Perform accurate and timely input of data into EMR and Clockwise.
- Administer IM, SQ, and oral medications as trained under the direction of the provider.
- Administer aerosol treatments.
- Apply splints and dressings.
- Administer oxygen therapy.
- Perform urine, saliva, hair, and breath alcohol drug screens after successful completion of drug screen training provided by a certified instructor chosen by MedAccess.
Reports to: Practice Manager
High school diploma or equivalent required
Successful completion of training as a certified medical assistant or a Paramedic License required.
Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Certifications: Basic Life Support (BLS)
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs