C NA PRN
Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Rutherford Regional Health System is a 143-bed acute care facility that offers a broad array of inpatient and outpatient care. Rutherford Regional is dedicated to providing patients with a full range of services to meet their healthcare needs. We provide our services in a caring, professional environment through the teamwork of our medical staff and employees.
Rutherford Regional Health System’s partnership with Duke LifePoint Healthcare is bringing the pieces together to transform healthcare in Rutherford County. Duke LifePoint Healthcare is a joint venture of Duke University Health System, one of the country’s leading academic health systems, and LifePoint Health, a leading healthcare company dedicated to Making Communities Healthier. These two forces joined because of the shared interest in collaborating with hospitals, healthcare providers and patients to bring high quality, innovative healthcare services to communities. Duke LifePoint combines Duke’s unparalleled expertise in clinical excellence and quality care with LifePoint's extensive resources and knowledge and experience operating community hospitals and healthcare organizations.
- Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including but not limited to bathing, grooming, eating, and ambulation.
- Answers call lights and responds to patients' needs appropriately and promptly.
- Assists with keeping patient rooms and common areas stocked, clean and orderly.
- Collects and documents patient information as needed (including weight and vital signs).
- Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental, and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
- Assists with post mortem care including transport to the morgue.
- Performs basic patient care activities as delegated and supervised by an RN, including monitoring vital signs, possibly taking blood glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
- Transfers, moves and repositions patients as assigned.
- Sets up simple traction as requested.
- Appropriately obtains, stores and labels specimens. Enters specimen orders accurately and endures safe delivery of specimens to the lab.
- Assists in discharge process of patients to include: transport, packing of personal belongings and assistance with hygiene needs as requested.
- Assists with orientation and training of others as directed.
Minimum Education: High school diploma or equivalent required
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Computer skills, previous EMR experience preferred. Medical Technology preferred
Certifications: BLS required
Licenses: Current NC Certified Nursing Assistant certification
Benefits - Wide range of benefits options!
Here at Rutherford Regional, you choose your own Medical, Dental, and Vision plans from a variety of competitive options that give you the coverage that best fits your needs.
- 401(K) retirement plan contributions
- Generous Paid Time Off
- Accident & Critical Illness Insurance
- Prescription Assistance with OptumRx
- Income protection programs for the entire family such as life insurance, Short/Long-term Disability, and Identity Theft.
- Employee Assistance program at no cost to you to provide emotional, legal, financial, and daily life support for your entire household. Services are available 24 hrs. a day, 7 days a week.
- Free travel and entertainment discount program to ensure you enjoy your time away from work.
- Vitality Employee Wellness Plan allows you to take up to 30% off of your bi-weekly health insurance premiums. You also accrue points which allows you to buy merchandise or gift cards at no cost to you.
Why join our team?
We are dedicated to providing patients with a full range of services to meet their healthcare needs, and we believe our employees are our most valuable assts in accomplishing this goal. Rutherford Regional is growing its team of dedicated health care professionals. If you are looking to start a career that cares, are passionate about changing lives, and ready to work in a supportive environment in a close-knit community, apply today!
Minimum Work Experience1 year preferred
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs