Rutherfordton, North Carolina
Rutherford Regional Health System is a 143-bed acute care facility that offers a broad array of inpatient and outpatient care. Rutherford Regional is dedicated to providing patients with a full range of services to meet their healthcare needs. We provide our services in a caring, professional environment through the teamwork of our medical staff and employees.
Rutherford Regional Health System’s partnership with Duke LifePoint Healthcare is bringing the pieces together to transform healthcare in Rutherford County. Duke LifePoint Healthcare is a joint venture of Duke University Health System, one of the country’s leading academic health systems, and LifePoint Health, a leading healthcare company dedicated to Making Communities Healthier. These two forces joined because of the shared interest in collaborating with hospitals, healthcare providers and patients to bring high quality, innovative healthcare services to communities. Duke LifePoint combines Duke’s unparalleled expertise in clinical excellence and quality care with LifePoint's extensive resources and knowledge and experience operating community hospitals and healthcare organizations.
- Assist with processing claims, discussing outstanding balances with patients, investigating billing discrepancies.
- If needed, the coordinator will assist in standard MOA duties including but not limited to check in / check out, answering phones, and scheduling patients.
- Maintains equipment and medical supplies, including reordering, stocking, cleaning, and troubleshooting.
- Maintains examination areas.
- Performs administrative or clerical duties as assigned, including filing, reception, scheduling, data entry, and patient registration.
- Reviews provider orders prior to patient leaving the clinic.
- Obtains informed consent for invasive procedures.
- Schedules referral appointments as necessary or as instructed by the provider.
- Maintains patient information in the computer system.
- Schedules and registers patients.
- Maintains patient information on the computer system.
- Post charges, completes paperwork, collects copays, deductibles and account balances.
- Assists in the completion of "end of day balancing/closing" and deposit preparations for courier pickup.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Associate's or Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Computer: Microsoft Office, EMR System
Experience: 3-5 years of medical billing experience in a hospital-based environment required
- Ability to create and follow written procedures.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self-starter with strong organizational skills.
- CPC Coursework or CPC Certification preferred
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
Explore This Location
Explore This LocationLearn More
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs