Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at Fauquier Health
Success within a company doesn’t just happen. It requires committed teams of talented people who understand and embrace an organization’s goals and work together at the highest level to achieve them. As a member of the Health Support Center (HSC) team, you’ll work collaboratively with a great group of people to serve Lifepoint’s diversified healthcare delivery network of hospitals and care sites across the nation. We know that providing high-quality care depends on our ability to find, keep and empower creative and determined people who share in our commitment to our mission: Making communities healthier.
What do you need to be successful at Lifepoint Health? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
We offer competitive pay for all employees based on the market, role, skill set and experience.
Growth opportunities and succession planning
Our succession planning initiatives identify an internal bench of top talent and offer development opportunities to prepare them to fill crucial roles in the organization as they become available.
Insurance (for eligible employees)
We’re committed to you and your family feeling supported and secure – our benefits include medical, eye, prescription, life insurance, and more.
Collaborative work environment
We know that providing high-quality care depends on our ability to find, keep and empower creative and determined people who work together to advance our mission – making communities healthier.
Paid time off (for eligible employees)
At Lifepoint, we believe in a strong work-life balance and offer competitive paid time off.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
As a Lifepoint employee, you and your family will have access to counseling and relationship support, legal services, financial services and more.
Chief Financial Officer (CFO) at Fauquier Health
Lifepoint Health has an opportunity for a Chief Finacial Officer. The CFO will have oversight of Fauquier Health located in Warrenton, VA.
Fauquier Health is a 97-bed acute care hospital offering surgical services (including robotics), a 24-hour Emergency Department, extensive medical imaging capabilities, an Intensive Care Unit and much, much more. The Fauquier Health system offers patient care for a variety of specialty services including Orthopedics and Spine, a Cardiac Catheterization Lab, and robotic-assisted surgery. The fourth floor of the hospital is devoted to our Family Birthing Center and Intermediate Care Nursery. Fauquier Health also encompasses the Fauquier Health Rehabilitation and Nursing Center, The Villa at Suffield Meadows assisted living facility, the Wellness Center and the Wound Healing Center, and the Sleep Center. Fauquier Health is one of the largest employers in Fauquier County and consists of nearly 1,000 staff and 220 physicians.
The Chief Financial Officer provides leadership and direction to all financial departments for the overall fiscal responsibility of the hospital.
Other duties include:
- Administers the general accounting, patient business services, including third party reimbursement, financial, and statistical reporting functions of the hospital in accordance with established policies and accounting procedures.
- Provides formal or informal direction in data processing, distributed systems, material management and medical records functions.
- Trains subordinates on the above areas and monitors performance to ensure fiscal responsibilities are fulfilled.
- Assists the CEO in the development of long and short-range hospital operations plans that may include service demand analyses, resources availability analyses and cost benefit analyses of proposed capital and staff expansions.
- Develops long and short-range operational and capital budgets, which are supported by the hospitals long and short range plans and objectives.
- Prepares cash flow analyses and budget variance analyses.
- Recommends budget modifications as required. Assists managers in the development of departmental budgets.
- Monitors, interprets and analyzes hospital financial performance in realizing established plans and objectives of the hospital.
- Identifies and reports undesirable trends and potential business opportunities and makes recommendations for action.
- Directs the preparation of internal financial reports including work papers for annual financial audit.
- Assures the timely and accurate preparation of financial reports and assures that the reports reliably reflect the financial position of the hospital.
- Assumes a lead role in analyzing and exploring means of reducing hospital operating costs and increasing revenues based on knowledge of market trends, financial reports and operating procedures.
- Responsible for direction and submission on a timely basis all financial data associated reports required by government and other regulated agencies including payroll tax reports, public disclosure reports and third party payor cost reports.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance and the knowledge of generally accepted accounting principals, and verbal, interpersonal and quantitative skills normally acquired through completion of this degree is required.
- CPA or Master's Degree strongly preferred.
- A minimum of 3 years of experience working at the CFO level in an acute-care hospital is required.
- Minimum of three years of progressive management experience in an investor-owned healthcare organization required.
- Must be a strong, hands-on and approachable leader who understands the value of being a team-player and have an outgoing and friendly personality.
- Must understand how to motivate and inspire staff to achieve optimal results, while keeping employee satisfaction high.
At LifePoint, our Mission of Making Communities Healthier extends to our employees. We offer an excellent total compensation package, including a competitive salary and benefits. Some of our benefits include 401k, flexible PTO, generous EIB, medical, dental, vision, tuition reimbursement, and an Employee Assistance Program. We believe that happy, healthy people have a passionate engagement with life and work and have designed our package to enhance your wellbeing
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs