Chief Medical Officer (CMO) at Wilson Medical Center
Wilson, North Carolina
Success within a company doesn’t just happen. It requires committed teams of talented people who understand and embrace an organization’s goals and work together at the highest level to achieve them. As a member of the Health Support Center (HSC) team, you’ll work collaboratively with a great group of people to serve Lifepoint’s diversified healthcare delivery network of hospitals and care sites across the nation. We know that providing high-quality care depends on our ability to find, keep and empower creative and determined people who share in our commitment to our mission: Making communities healthier.
What do you need to be successful at Lifepoint Health? Here are the top traits we’re looking for:
We offer competitive pay for all employees based on the market, role, skill set and experience.
Growth opportunities and succession planning
Our succession planning initiatives identify an internal bench of top talent and offer development opportunities to prepare them to fill crucial roles in the organization as they become available.
Insurance (for eligible employees)
We’re committed to you and your family feeling supported and secure – our benefits include medical, eye, prescription, life insurance, and more.
Collaborative work environment
We know that providing high-quality care depends on our ability to find, keep and empower creative and determined people who work together to advance our mission – making communities healthier.
Paid time off (for eligible employees)
At Lifepoint, we believe in a strong work-life balance and offer competitive paid time off.
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
As a Lifepoint employee, you and your family will have access to counseling and relationship support, legal services, financial services and more.
Chief Medical Officer (CMO) at Wilson Medical Center
Wilson, North Carolina
Lifepoint Health has an opportunity for a Chief Medical Officer. The Chief Medical Officer would have oversight of Wilson Medical Center located in Wilson, North Carolina.
Wilson Medical Center is committed to always providing excellent care to our community. Our 294-bed facility provides services to residents of Wilson County and surrounding communities. Our commitment to high-quality healthcare is strong. We bring new and innovative programs to those who matter the most - our community. Our team of nearly 850 employees is committed to providing compassionate care. Accredited by The Joint Commission, we offer services including cancer care, cardiac care, orthopedics, imaging, surgical services and many more.
The Chief Medical Officer (CMO) reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) with additional direct reporting responsibilities to the Group Leadership and the CMO of the company. The CMO plays a key role in building and maintaining relationships between hospital management and the medical staff, as well as recruiting new physicians. In addition, the CMO collaborates with Administration and leads in clinical transformation efforts to improve patient care quality and safety and overall clinical effectiveness and efficiency.
· Provides leadership and expertise for medical staff service, hospital quality and clinical effectiveness.
· Provides Leadership to Department of Medical Staff Services ensuring effective credentialing & privileging, peer review and medical staff committee functions. Orchestrates organized Medical Staff committees & functions to ensure effective Governance.
· Provides leadership and expertise for graduate medical education, including medical students and residents.
· Evaluates and optimizes the care management approach, process of disease management, patient satisfaction, patient safety and develops processes to assure appropriateness of care including length of stay and ancillary resource utilization.
· Provides an environment of quality and cost improvement that is data driven and develops systems to review utilization of resources and objectively measure outcomes of care in the inpatient and outpatient settings.
· Monitors physician and group patterns, presents data, analysis and interpretation to physicians and physician and hospital committees for review and guides efforts to improve.
· Assures that quality management programs are carried out in all clinical areas through the development and implementation of effective disease management programs, clinical protocols and guidelines, other decision tools, and review of the outcomes.
· Develops a performance database incorporating Joint Commission (TJC) and other key quality indicators to provide leadership necessary to meet regulatory requirements and guidelines.
· Partners and collaborates with the medical staff and management team, facilitating teamwork, aligned efforts and goals.
· Assists with program and service line growth and development.
· Helps represent medical staff viewpoints to administration and relay administrative views to medical staff & provides on-going counsel and advice to Executive Leadership regarding the medical staff on physician matters.
· Provides strategic leadership by focusing teams and organization units on visions and distinctive strategies that result in excellent short and long-term performance in clinical, service, and financial outcomes.
· Integrates evidence-based medicine practices wherever possible, building this into new and existing patient care delivery systems.
· Facilitates, intervenes, and moderates all major physician-physician, physician-patient, and physician-staff concerns with executive team members. Promotes a just culture and ensures effective oversight and remediation of concerns.
· Implements organizational structures which promote shared accountability, high achievement and compliance with applicable laws and regulations; this to include electronic linkages and care delivery tools.
· Ensures medical staff development plans and programs are implemented and maintained as required by policy.
· Integrates clinical care quality and management with nursing, operations and finance; partners with members of the senior management team, particularly the Chief Nursing Officer, in this endeavor.
· Dedicates resources and time to developing physician leadership in an incremental manner, with a focus on the existing medical staff officers and clinical chiefs.
· Oversees Educational Programing including medical students, Allied Health, shadowing, and medical staff CME and Grand Rounds efforts.
· Integrates with the Health Support Center Quality and Clinical Operations department and participates in appropriate physician leadership and quality forums
· MD or DO degree, completed residency training in a recognized specialty, board certification in the specialty of training and management (MBA, MHA, MMM, MPH) degree or equivalent experience is preferred.
· Effective communicator; excellent written and verbal communication skills.
· Previous practice experience.
· Proven leadership skills and accomplishments.
· Must have knowledge of hospital structure, operations, and infrastructure of quality and utilization.
· Requires expertise with medical staff processes, policies and procedures and Joint Commission accreditation.
· Experience in managing, developing and mentoring physicians.
· Knowledge of and experience with physician education and training programs
· Highly motivated in the areas of quality improvement and clinical transformation, with proven expertise in multiple aspects of healthcare such as quality assessment, peer review, delineation of clinical privileges, outcomes research, clinical profiling, evidence-based medicine and service quality.
Equal opportunity and affirmative action employers and are looking for diversity in candidates for employment: Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran
You have no recently viewed jobs
You have no saved jobs